If you’re like my daughter was, you're anxious about going back to school but happy about the chance to get some new clothes! Here are 10 ideas that will help you choose outfits that will help you walk back onto campus with confidence and style.
2. Make sure what you buy is comfortable--you want to feel relaxed in your clothes and shoes, especially for your first days of school.
3. Slip dresses are in and can be worn in so many different and effortless ways. Under a jean jacket or over a tank or t-shirt, with anything from sandals to sneakers to boots.
4. Jean jackets are always a must-- they add style and a relaxed, comfortable vibe to any outfit.
5. Boyfriend jackets with big, structured shoulders are one of this year’s hottest trends. Try picking oversized blazers with shoulder pads for an 80’s inspired look.
6. Fall is a great time to add some boho to your look-- this year you’ll see fringed bags, feather trim and embroidery everywhere!
7. Animal prints are still very much in style-- and it’s not just leopard. For a more casual look pair an animal print top with jeans and boots, or animal print shoes with jeans and a white t-shirt.
8. A short printed skirt and sneakers is a great cute and casual look that will carry you from class to meeting up with friends later.
9. Leggings and a crop top are perfect for those days when you just don’t know what to wear. Hey if supermodels can hit the streets in workout clothes you can too.
10. Big pants are in this year, whether it's bell bottoms or baggy boyfriend jeans or wide leg trousers. Be sure to pair them with a fitted top. For shoes you can wear a flat thong sandal, booties or a chunky clog. They’re all comfortable and very on trend.
And don’t forget your jewelry!! Someone once said that an outfit without jewelry is like a cupcake without icing. Here’s what we recommend:
2. Buy pieces that can be worn with different looks.
3. Layering is a great look and still very much in.
4. Add a pop of color ( this year pastels and blues are very in vogue)
5. Look for ethically sourced pieces. You’ll feel good knowing that you’re supporting businesses that don’t exploit their workers.
6. Don’t be afraid to mix metals or styles-- you’ll create a look that’s your own and the “matchy matchy” thing is dated anyway.
7. Vintage is still all the rage so if you can find something you like that has that modern vintage feel, go for it.
8. This year more than ever, we appreciate what really matters in life. Personalized jewelry allows you to tell your story and grounds you in what and who you care about most.
9. Yellow gold is back in. Even if you’ve always been drawn to silver tones, jazz up your look with some yellow pieces.
10. We’re starting to see chunky pieces again, but for the outfits that are best for that college look, small and delicate pieces are still our first choice.