We get asked all the time about the best way to protect the jewelry people purchase from us.
The truth is that the rules are the same no matter what kind of jewelry you have.
None of us adhere to these rules 100% of the time but the more you do,
the more you will extend the life of your jewelry.
- Keep your Jewelry dry! It’s tempting to leave your jewelry on for the beach or pool. If you’re sunbathing or looking fab poolside that might be ok, but saltwater and chlorine are terrible for your jewelry. Even taking a shower in your jewelry can damage it.
- Wear gloves or take your jewelry off before doing chores.Chlorine isn’t the only chemical that’s harmful to your jewelry. Dish and laundry soap and other cleaners with chemicals will strip/react with the metal's finish causing discoloration.
- Don’t use silver polish on your jewelry. Polishes are too harsh for the finish of your jewelry. A very soft toothbrush, natural soap, water and a silver polishing cloth is all you need.
- Wear Your Jewelry Often (No Kidding!) Although Love Beyond Jewelry is protected by our fine plating process, Silver by nature tarnishes when stored, but actually gains brightness and shine if you're wearing it. So don’t let it sit in your jewelry box for too long!
- Put your jewelry on after you’ve finished using beauty products. Don’t put lotions, perfumes, hair products or hair spray on while your jewelry is on. The chemicals will eat away at the finish and discoloration will occur.
- Finish getting dressed first and put your jewelry on afterwards.Conversely take your jewelry off before getting undressed. This will prevent it from snagging your clothes and will prevent your jewelry from bending or breaking.
- When not in use, store your jewelry in a safe place. Doing so will protect your jewelry from denting and scratching.